Rhodesian Events Around The World
Click on the flashing link below to view our online calendar.
Email email@example.com to have your event listed (please do not send send info in a mass mail out - email me personally with your request).
You are also welcome to have your details listed below if you are wanting to meet up with other Rhodesians in your area for ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day parades that not in the main centres.
October RV 2017 - Tauranga, New Zealand
Will be held over the weekend starting Friday 22nd September - evening social, Saturday 23rd September - RV, Sunday 24th September - AGM in Tauranga, NZ.
For the RV details email Hugh Bomford on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring +64 27 545 8069
ANZAC Day (25th April) venues and contacts:
People in Aussie wanting to link up with others in their area to attend local parades:
- Cessnock, Hunter Valley, NSW - email Darryl Burlin email@example.com or ph (02) 4991-3317
- Hobsonville RSA, 114 Hobsonville Road, Auckland - Rhodesian Services Assn march, wreath laying and service. All former Rhodesian Security Forces personnel, nurses, civilians, descendants of and supporters are most welcome. We recommend that you arrive at the Hobsonville RSA at 09:30am in order to:
* 10am - Assemble at the Hobsonville School for form up at 10:30am and march back to the RSA
* Main service follows and after the conclusion at around 12pm we will hold the Rhodesian service in the lower carpark
* The Rhodesian service lasts around 30-45 minutes after which we socialise at the RSA.
* Contact RhSA Sec. Chuck Osborne on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
* Dress code - keep it smart and respectful please. No shorts or camo. We recommend jacket and tie for gents. Unit berets and air force peak caps are welcome. Medals worn in memorial on right breast.
People in NZ wanting to link up with others in their area to attend local parades:
- The Garrison Club in Tauranga is open all day from dawn and the 6th Battalion Hauraki Regimental Assn welcomes visitors for a drink and social.
- Carterton (Wairarapa) - email Dave McIntosh email@example.com
- Akaroa (Banks Peninsula, south of Christchurch) - email Bryan Tichborne firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 304 7878
- Waikari (North Canterbury) - email Geoff Weller email@example.com
October RV 2016 - Tauranga, New Zealand
To be held from Friday 30th September - evening social, Saturday 1st October - RV, Sunday 2nd October - AGM.
More details will be published in due course
See link for background information. Contact Hugh Bomford firstname.lastname@example.org to book
Make sure that you are on our newsletter mailing list for details of October RV 2016
Remembrance Day (11th November) venues and contacts:
- Bedford - Contact Martyn Hudson on +441234350107 or email email@example.com
- London - The Rhodesian Army Association is holding its annual Remembrance Day Service for the Rhodesian Fallen on November 13th. All welcome to attend. The service is in the Commonwealth Memorial Gardens, alongside Westminster Abbey. Assemble around 10:15 for the service to commence at 10:30. After the "Silence" at 11:00, we retire to a local hostelry for a hot meal, (and a few toots!). Contact Geoff Cooke email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cape Peninsula - contacts phone Lewis Walter 021 782 1895 or Skatie Fourie 021 785 5620 for information.
- Durban - Details required
- Johannesburg - VENUE: Dickie Fritz Moth Shellhole, 115 Dickie Fritz Avenue off Elm Street, Edenvale, Johannesburg. Contact person's details required.
Grey's Scouts Reunion 17th September 2016:
Venue - Emperor's Palace Casino Hotel, Kempton Park, East Rand, Gauteng, South Africa. An evening regimental dinner will be served. For info and bookings contact Neville Croxford email email@example.com